Hello Singles With Food Allergies:
I had no idea that my Earth Day blog would result in emails asking for suggestions about how to find a date on Earth Day! It seems like some of us either forgot about Earth Day entirely or simply don’t want to participate in crowded activities, but realize that Earth Day’s a good social opportunity for singles.
Here is my suggestion to help you meet your special someone and enjoy a fun “natural date” tomorrow (or any other day)…
1) Get 2 pairs of gloves, water, sunscreen, insect repellent and 4 big trash bags.
2) Dress to find a date! What do I mean? Wear a T-shirt, sneakers and jeans or shorts to START A CONVERSATION WITHOUT OPENING YOUR MOUTH. How? Wear a T-shirt with a message, like an environmental message or a food allergy awareness message. (If you have neither, at least wear a clean, green T-shirt.)
3) Leave your headset at home. (You DO want to meet someone!) However, playing music quietly nearby serves as a good ice breaker and exposes your musical taste.
4) Head to your favorite local park. (Don’t forget to dose up on Allegra, if needed.)
5) Pick a central spot in the park. You want to be noticed!
6) Be active! Don’t sit down! Start (slowly) to fill a trash bag with litter.
7) Smile, when someone passes by and share either a “Hi” or a “Happy Earth Day”.
8) If you start a conversation with someone who interests you, offer the extra pair of gloves, water, sunscreen, insect repellent & a trash bag. How impressive you will be!
9) Have fun! Whether or not you meet your special person, you’re helping our planet!
Let us know how this works for you…