A Checklist for Mother’s Day When You are Dating a Single Mom
Mother’s Day is one of the most cherished days of the year for moms. Their birthday pales in comparison to what Mother’s Day means for moms and how special that day is to them. While being with their kids on that special day is the single most important thing to them, it’s always nice to be treated to special gifts and attention.
If you just started dating a mom that has been single for some years, chances are she hasn’t gotten the Mother’s Day she deserves in a long time. Usually dad’s help the kids plan special events, meals, gifts etc. Obviously, if her and her ex are no longer together, chances are he doesn’t do anything special for her on Mother’s Day anymore.
Here are a few ways you can make it extra special for her:
1. Have the kids make her something homemade in advance. There are plenty of ideas on Pinterest if you need inspiration. Don’t forget flowers if she likes flowers!
2. Let her sleep in! Kids get up early, so get up with them and entertain them for a bit while you let mom sleep in.
3. Bring her breakfast in bed or make a nice brunch for her with all her favorite breakfast foods. Let the kids help, they will feel special too!
4. Plan something special for the day. It doesn’t have to be costly if you don’t want it to be. Just make sure that you have a plan for the day’s activities.
5. Don’t let her do any chores. If she starts to do them, just tell her to relax today and take over. Tell her to go spend time with the kids.
6. Be extra loving, kind and sweet today. Tell her how beautiful she is and what a great mom she is. You should make her feel special every day, but today in particular!
8. Ask her if she wants some alone time to do things she can’t normally do because she has the kids in tow. Offer to keep them home with you while she goes to get her nails done or a massage.
9. Don’t let her cook dinner. Take her out for a nice family meal for dinner, or cook up something really nice. She deserves one night to be treated to something fancy.
10. After the kids are in bed, open a bottle of wine and just enjoy each other’s company. If it’s a nice night, sit outside and just relax and enjoy the peace and quiet.